Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there who I love and admire! I feel blessed to have so many amazing women in my life who have influenced me as a wife and mom for the better. I have watched you through the years as you cared for your own children and weathered the storms with grace and patience. How true it is that it takes a village to raise a child and I'm thankful Samuel is surrounded by Godly women who love him almost as much as his mama:).

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! It started out with a day with MY mom. We grilled out, played on the Wii and enjoyed each other's company. Thank you, Mom, for being such a caring, precious mom & Mimi - I love you!! Happy Mother's Day to my sweet mother-in-law too - we love you a lot and look forward to lots of great quality time in June!

Today was a lot of fun - I woke up to my hubby sneaking out to get me my favorite coffee at Dunkin Donuts. He definitely spoiled me in many ways on this special day and I felt very loved.
When Samuel woke up, I told him how much I loved being his mommy - one day he'll comprehend that more, but I definitely always want him to know that. I want him to know I love all the things that make up who he is from his big, fun personality to his sweet little heart and his fiesty, all-boy nature.

Here are some pictures (out of order) from this weekend. Again, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all those amazing moms out there!

This picture was taken before church with the flowers from Brian and Samuel....


After church the boys treated me to a yummy brunch (since it was around 11am). Samuel loves using his own spoon and does it well, but we forgot to pack one so he used a big spoon. Obviously, it is a lot more to handle:)...


On Saturday, I told Samuel on the drive over that he could give Mimi her flower when we got to her house. He was so proud to hand his little flower over!


Mimi & Papa bought a kitchen set for Samuel to use while at her house. He had a blast!



Hershey and Tiggy decided to take a wagon ride with Samuel. I think he liked the furry company!


4 comments:

Dolly said...

You had a GREAT Mother's Day! that was a sweet post Amy and you, my friend, are an excellent mommy! Your little boy just adores you and I know future kids (yes, I put an "S" on the end) to come will adore you too! You've got so much love to give.

Looks like Leland and Michael got me the same flowers you got. Funny!

Can't WAIT to see you and Samuel a week from today!

Donna said...

haha! I love the picture of Samuel eating his lunch! So cute!! It's a pain to have them get so messy but they have to learn. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway:)

Glad you had a great Mother's Day!!

popv said...

Well said Mama. Samuel is blessed to have you as his MaMa. I am reminded of Proverbs 31:28..her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also.....

Amy said...

Glad you had a great Mother's day too Dolly-can't wait to see you in a week!
Donna - yes, it gets SO MESSY! Hope you had a great mother's day!
Pup pups - that was very sweet...thank you!