Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend at Dolly's
















What a wonderful weekend! First of all, let me say that Dolly is a domestic goddess--seriously! I walked into her beautifully decorated home Friday night to the smell of a Home Sweet Home Yankee candle not to be overshadowed by the scumptious aroma of BBQ cooking in the crockpot. Then I noticed the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies cooling on the kitchen counter-I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! After 3 cookies, 2 helpings of BBQ and literally half the pan of homemade mac-n-cheese, this pregnant girl was fat and happy! And, she didn't stop there folks, she had a pan of just made banana pudding for dessert! I had to brag on her because she is the incredible cook, hostess and wife we always knew she'd be. Leland is blessed, but then again, Dolly got a great guy too!
We had such a fun time seeing a lot of cute places in Lynchburg. Of course I loved our quality time, shopping at cute places, yummy food and pedicures. Leland and Dolly were incredible hosts and spoiled me completely--thanks guys! Oh, and the weekend would not be complete without some affectionate time spent with Laverne and Shirley (Dolly's kittens). Dolly has grown quite fond of her new pets and loves her daily mouse on a stick play time with the little rascals.
P.S.--Several people asked for an updated picture of my bump, thus the top snapshot. I'll be 26 weeks on Wednesday and growing everyday!

10 comments:

The Jones' said...

YEAH!! A bump pic ;-) You are adorable, absolutely adorable!! Looks like you had a blast in VA... good stuff.

Dolly said...

Thanks for the good reviews about the weekend with the Seckman's. After finding my kittens cuddled in your bed Sat morning, it just proved how natural you are with babies. Come back ANYTIME! We loved having you and so did L and S.

Oh, and thanks for the sweet compliments. Folks, anyone can follow a recipe. :)

Teecy said...

what? amy cuddled with the kittens? they were in the bed? MY bed?

Amy, i love the bump picture! You are beautiful...the perfect little prego girl! the poster child for pregnancy, if you will.

i love your food reviews!

Unknown said...

Amy, you are a HOT pregnant girl. I'm loving the blog and I sure hope you didn't get next to the litter box b/c your baby doctor wouldn't be very happy. You know what they say... Love, Hannah

Teecy said...

amy, i'm lol at your comment on amanda's blog. you said it first, but i'll say it again. blogs are doing for us now what dime line did for us circa 1996.

Amy said...

Hannah, I check out your blog everyday and I love that you update it so much. Same for you, Donna....thanks for keeping me entertained:).

Donna said...

Dolly IS a domestic goddess! And that girl can cook!! Where was she hiding this talent all those years. I think it took a good Southern boy to get that energy out of her!
I'm still laughing at you and Dolly's posts with your kitty cats! Amy you need to be careful around those things in your condition!
And Amy, you look good! I'm right with you at the 26 week mark and I look HUGE compared to you!

Amy said...

Thanks, Donna! But I've seen pictures of you with this pregnancy and you look great! I'm off to see if you've updated your blog since you are back home now;). Oh, and I forgot about the cat warnings when you are prego...hopefully playtime with L & S did no harm.

Maryanna said...

Amy,
You look so stinkin' cute! The perfect prego girl...cute as a button.
Looks like you and Dolly had a wonderful time! I'm so glad you gave details about her cooking. How is it that she is the best cook and been married the least ammount of time?
I guess I need to get some chunky jewels because you two were looking quite hip. I'm glad I have friends like you girls to look up to :)
Oh, and am I supposed to comment on my own blog? I didn't know I could do that! Have I been being rude? Oh no!

Dolly said...

This blog calls for some new material. I want to see some pics of Mr. V or Lynnie!