Sunday, September 21, 2008

Samuel's Dedication Day and a visit from Pup-pup!

We had a wonderful, packed weekend. My father-in-law flew in for four days and we had a great time as always. Samuel took to him very quickly and the pair made some cute memories.



Also, we were finally able to dedicate Samuel at our home church. They only have one dedication a year, so today was finally the big day! With 40 kids, all their families and only 15 minutes between services to actually do the program, it was a bit chaotic. Still, it was very special to dedicate Samuel to the Lord and vow to raise him as we feel God would be pleased.



Below is a family shot right before the dedication began. Samuel was a very happy boy despite missing his morning nap!





Here is Samuel with his Pup pup. They had a great time making memories.
Here is a shot of the boys before the dedication...
Grandpa and Mimi were there for the big occasion as well...
Here is a sweet picture (although a big close) of Samuel during the program...he was a good listener:).
The slideshow was fun to watch. He was 2 days old in the first picture, 5 1/2 months in the second and 7 months in the last. Please ignore the wings on the other screens...it goes with the series the pastor recently started.

9 comments:

the mathisons said...

I've never seen a dedication like that! The slide show of Samuel is a nice touch! You, Brian and Samuel make a beautiful family.

Amy said...

Oh, thanks Kelli!! By the way I saw that you IM'ed me the other day but you were already off when I saw it. Hope you are doing well!

Donna said...

that's sweet, Amy. I love baby dedications. It's such a sweet, memorable time. Samuel looks cute:)

The Jones' said...

Awwww!! So sad we had to miss his big day, we said a special prayer for that sweet boy! Love the matchy match with daddy!

Dolly said...

I'm just NOW getting caught up on emails and blogs tonight and I LOVE this post. Samuel looks so happy and he really is growing up. I love his little man outfit. I'm glad Mr. V could be there along with your mom and Drex. What a special day and one you'll never forget.

popv said...

I never thought that any boy could be as sweet and loveable as my son, but then came Samuel. Samuel reminds me so much of the sweetness that was Brian in those years. It was wonderful to be there as Amy and Brian dedicated themselves to raise Samuel in a Christian home. Grandparents also vowed to provide Christian guidance and support to Samuel. As I sat at this service I thought of the journey of life that Samuel will take and prayed to myself that Samuel will lead a Christian life pleasing to our Lord and pleasing to both Amy and Brian. Of this I am confident, Amy and Brian will raise my grandson with strong Christian principles and Mum Mum V and I are so thankful for Samuel's parents. We love you guys!!!!!!

Amy said...

We loved having you here for the dedication, Dad V! That was a sweet comment too.

Teecy said...

what a beautiful family! so sweet! I can't believe how grown up samuel looks!
love you!!!!!

Amy said...

Hi Teecy! He does look grown up, but he's still a little guy. I miss you !