Monday, September 1, 2008

Samuel's First Haircut!

Today was a big day for the little guy. He has been flirting with a baby mullet for a few weeks, but I wasn't quite ready to take the first haircut plunge. Well, today was the day. We took him to Snip-it's for a very simple trim, just a little off the back and sides. He thought everything was really cool up until about the second snip...then it was a different story.



Here he is settling into his chair, checking himself out in the mirror.



This picture is funny blown up because he is realizing he does NOT like this lady messing with him. I don't think he was keen on the cape either.

No question...this is NOT a happy boy and haircuts are for the birds! MUCH better--let's finish this up in mama's arms. He still didn't like being messed with...
Here is he--mullet free! You can't tell any difference in the front, but his little cut looks quite handsome. He wasn't ready to give any smiles, but was relieved the deed was done. We have a little "My First Haircut" certificate and a lock of blond hair. Another first for the baby book!


6 comments:

The Jones' said...

What a handsome little guy!!

Winnie wanted to leave him a little message... (think its in baby speak)
hjhggftryu6ilokjjytrfdhjlkpo887y76yttrgfghuioopvhjyhggfrtr

Btw momma- You look really good in the last pic, such a happy momma!

popv said...

I remember Brian's 1st haircut. His hair was very curly and we decided it was time to take him for his 1st haircut. I put him in the car and began to drive out of the driveway. I got to the end of the driveway and put the car in drive and drove back to the house. With tears in my eyes I told Karen I just couldn't do it, it meant he was growing up and I didn't want that to happen. Haircut aborted the 1st time and then we finally got his 1st haircut and he like Samuel cried, he did not like that guy with sissors. Great pictures.

Dolly said...

Cute post Amy! I love his face when that lady was trying to cut his hair. He's growing up!

Unknown said...

So sweet! What a big boy!! Next it'll be time for the birthday rounds again! Connor, Eden, Samuel, Winnie, Ben and then Preston all within 2 months of each other. Amazing how quickly time passes!!

Donna said...

Awww! That's cute:) I love the picture of him crying in the chair!! You need to get that one framed. I love when little boys have fresh haircuts!

Unknown said...

Oh, Amy. Those are the sweetest pics. I love that little trembly lip. He looks like a little man w/ his new "do." LOL at "flirtin w/ a baby mullet." You're a good mommy!