Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Visit from Uncle Wes and Grandpa

We had a busy, fun weekend! On Friday night my mom babysat for us to go on a much needed date night. We had a great time and after dinner ended up at Babies R Us to use a coupon for 20% off a new carseat for Samuel. They didn't have the one we wanted in stock so we'll pick it up later this week.

On Saturday we had a special visit from my dad and brother. It was a beautiful night so we grilled out. They had a blast playing with Samuel and Samuel warmed up really quickly to them as well. Everytime Wesley would look at him, he'd grin or laugh. He was totally fascinated with my dad's beard too.

My dad is a gifted musician and he always plays the guitar for Samuel. It was amazing how much Samuel took to the music. Notice how he was looking up at him in awe. He stared at him through the entire song.
Okay, I had to post this picture...my brother is very awkward with babies, but Samuel is a little older, so they are bonding. Still, check out Wesley's expression as Samuel gives him a once over. There we go--a SMILE! I knew he'd win your heart!

For those who do not know my dad, he is Harley loving dude. So, when I found out we were having a boy, my dad sent Samuel some much needed Harley paraphernalia. Below he is wearing the onesie my dad sent and I had to snap a picture of them both in Harley gear. Notice Samuel's shirt says, "Born to be Wild" which is exactly what he looks like in the pic. Actually, he is just talking away.

4 comments:

The Jones' said...

Way to capture the moment!! You can see how much your dad and Wes love Samuel...how precious! LOVE the Harley shirt on Samuel, he should wear it more often ;-)

Dolly said...

Ah Amy! I love this post. I love the first picture of your dad playing the guitar for Samuel. That's so precious! Was he singing to him too? Wes looks so mature! I know they just love that little Samuel.

Looks like ya'll had a nice weekend!

the mathisons said...

Isn't sweet how a baby can soften someone who isn't really that into them. Samuel is surrounded by people who love him!
My aunt and uncle are into Harley stuff too. The first gift I got from them when they found out I was having a girl (reese), was a pair of pink Harley booties.

Teecy said...

how sweet! i love these pictures. wesley looks so handsome!