Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I can't believe he's NINE months!

Time is flying by so quickly! Last Friday, Samuel turned 9 months old. It's hard to believe he'll actually be a year old in 3 months. It's been such a joy to watch him learn and grow as we learn and grow as parents. He is doing a crossover between an army crawl/real crawl and he is unstoppable these days. His poor arms and legs get red from all the moving and grooving he does. He is learning his off limit areas and objects in the house. He'll crawl over to them and I'll say, "Samuel" and he'll look at me and then go as fast as he can to the object before I get to him. Now when we say, "no touch", he makes this growl like sound. We can't help but crack up. He is also exploring in the mealtime arena. He loves to feed himself bite size foods, but he really wants control of the spoon. He sticks it in the baby food and then up to his mouth. I just let him go sometimes to see what he does--it's a terrible mess, but he is so proud of himself for his accomplishment. He is definitely a very sweet little boy who loves to explore! We're having so much fun seeing his personality emerge!

It seems like just yesterday, Samuel was a newborn all swaddled up and ready to leave the hospital (with his eager beaver, clueless parents:)...

Here he is below on his actual 9 month b-day...
This was taken yesterday when he got up from his nap all smiley and happy not knowing it was time for his check up and shots!
Again, so happy to get up from his nap (still in his sleepsack). Just to give you an heads up on his eye, we are going to have to surgery to open his tearduct. If one more person asks me if he has pink eye I'm going to scream. This was on his way out from the appt...he was mostly just tired b/c it was past naptime. Notice he is trying to escape the stroller which he usually loves.
This video is of Mr. Independent trying to feed himself. Like I said, independence can be a messy thing!

9 comments:

Dolly said...

That video was so funny! You're such a good mommy Amy! I can't believe Samuel will be 1 years old in 3 months. It really does just seem like he was born. Look how much you've learned in the last 9 months. WOW! You and Brian are doing great.

popv said...

What a great video on my main man Samuel learning how to feed himself. He surely is in the learning and exploration stage of his development. Love my grandson.

the mathisons said...

9 months!! I am so glad that there is this blogging world because it has been so fun to see pictures of Samuel as he reaches each stage. Crawling is a whole new adventure for him and you! And eating on their own... well, that is a messy adventure, but so much fun watching them gain some independence. Congrats to you Samuel... such a handsome little guy!

Ashleigh said...

He seems like such a sweet little boy! You and Brian have been wonderful parents to him these nine months!! He just seems like a happy go with the flow kinda boy. :O)

Amy said...

Dolly--Thanks, girl. Yes, he'll be one year in 3 months and YOU'LL have baby Michael! Crazy!

Dad V--Hi!

Kelli--thanks for the comment. love looking at your kiddos on the blog too!

Ashleigh--Hey! Good to hear from you! Do you have a blog?

The Jones' said...

I am laughing so hard after watching the video!! He wanted it all...hahaha...and you even dropped the camera saying "oh no"...haha! LOVE it!! I can't stop laughing!!! That little boy makes me smile, his personality shines right through!

Turnipseed said...

What a big boy he has become! He is just yummy Amy. I bet he is into everything. I remember how amazed I was at how much Caleb could actually get into, and how (at a crawler's pace) he could destroy a house so quickly. Time has flown hasn't it? Caleb will be two next month! BTW I love Samuel's sleep sack!

amanda said...

THAT IS ONE HECK OF A SERIOUS SEATBELT!!!!

Teecy said...

i'm lol!!! the end of the video is great!!! you went from "mommy" to "amy" with your voice..."oh, no, oh, no!" it reminded me of some meal time fun we had in lynchburg!!!
amy, samuel is adorable. i love these pictures! i think these blogs are going to be what helps me remember that i must return!