Monday, July 28, 2008

20 Random Facts About Me

A lot of friends are doing a top 25 list of random facts. I made it to 20, but need to get some sleep, so I'll stop there!

*I forgot one that I'm now adding: When I was little, I loved my bus driver and every day when I would get off the bus I'd give her a hug and kiss. One day I was excited to tell her goodbye and I stood up before the bus came to a complete stop. I was thrown to the front of the bus and busted my lip.

1. I go through the Dunkin Doughnuts drive through so often, they call me by my first name.
Although Karen has only one front tooth, she makes a mean caramel coffee!

2. When Samuel was born I started really getting into routines, so much so that I
even began wearing the same pink sweatshirt every time I nursed.

3. When I go for walks, I have a habit of waving to neighbors too early or speaking
to them when they are too far to hear. It makes for a more awkward encounter once
you actually catch up to them. My husband picks on me about this all the time.
Now he says, "Wait, wait, wait...GO!" It's really hard for me because I don't
want them to think I'm being snotty.

4. I made friends at my local Harris Teeter. They were so nice and I swore I'd never
switch stores because of my loyalty. Well, flash forward to a new baby and a new
HT less than 40 seconds away and so long loyalty. I always felt bad for ditching
them. Then one day my nightmare came true. One of them showed up at my new HT and
caught me--I felt so ashamed!

5. I have a hard time ending a phone conversation. I now have several phrases down
that are good closers.

6. I wish my love language was something besides quality time! It seems easier to
have touch or affirmation be the top LL because it takes less time.

7. I made Brian read The Five Love Languages and the temperament book before we were
married. He's never been so self aware:).

8. I love amusement parks and fairs...everything about them. I love the thrill of
the rides and the fattening greasy flavor of the food. Three years ago I took
Brian to his first fair and lets just say he will joining me no more. He saw a
man sweeping, smoking and making our fried blooming onion all at the same time.
He also couldn't believe I'd ride things that are supported
by rusty metal.

9. I am a scary movie junkie! From the time I was 12 I would watch horror films with
my dad and to this day I love the shock of scary things which brings me to #10.

10. When I am startled whether it be from a scary movie or someone pulling out in
front of me, etc.., my body always has the same reaction. My armpits get very
tingly and itchy. I try to not scratch them b/c it's embarrassing, but I have
too!

11. It makes me cry to see kids bullied. One time I was in Target and there were 3
stock boys working. One of them was a little slow and the other two were teasing
him terribly. It made me so angry I finally said, "How would you like it if
someone treated you that way? You should be ashamed of yourself!"

12. I have an extremely crooked left big toe. I also have a brown mole on the tip of
my nose. When I worked at Billy Joe's people used to always tell me I had
chocolate on my nose.

13. I was a terrible big sister and started feeling guilty about it once I left for
college. I have spent the last 14 years apologizing to Wesley for being so
bratty. If you are reading this, Wes, I'm still sorry!!

14. In high school I skipped school with a friend and went shopping. While we were
in a store our PRINCIPAL made a stop at the same store and caught us in line. We
were in big trouble--be sure your sins will find you out!

15. My freshman year of college I was still majorly stuck on Disney (SO
EMBARRASSING!). I had mickey mouse sheets, notebooks and pencils. However, that
doesn't even compare to the fact that I carried a SYLVESTER the cat water bottle
with me at ALL times(Rachel, you gave me that water bottle and I did love it!).
Finally Mary hid sylvester in the
ceiling from me and gave me a much needed makeover--still owe you for that one,
Mary!

16. I was holding my sweet grandmother's hand when she went to be with the Lord. It
was 4a.m. and I told her it was okay if she was ready to go to heaven. She took
two more breaths and did just that. My heart still aches for her!

17. This is so embarrassing, but when I was a teen, I thought my calling was to be a
HAND MODEL!! I would only clean or do dishes with rubber clothes as to not
damage my assets. (Thanks, Mom, for being supportive even thougth I was nuts!)

18. I tried out to be a cheerleader my Junior year and made the squad even though I
could not do a cartwheel or split (still can't).

19. Brian and I got engaged on August 31, 2002; however, it would have been sooner.
I found out he was going to propose while we were in CA earlier in the summer
and I told him if he was planning on doing it, NOT to because I wasn't ready.
When our trip to CA came, I WAS actually ready and so sad he didn't ask me. On
our last night there we went to meet up with some of his old CA friends for
dinner. Right before we went in he told me that it was supposed to be a surprise
engagement dinner:(.

20. I'm a very good listener.

Okay, that is it---I'm getting tired, but it was fun to write this list!

18 comments:

Turnipseed said...

This had to have been one of the funniest things I have ever read! You are hillarious. I laughed, I cried, and it got me to thinking about my own random facts. Thanks for making me laugh after a very long day with my man-child!

The Jones' said...

HILARIOUS!! Think I knew most of those, but the armpit one has me laughing!! I want 5 more...really embarrasing ones too! Hahaha! Ok ok I will try and do some too...

The Jones' said...

Oh, the one about your neighbors and Brian so "wait wait...GO" cracks me up! In our neighborhood we have to wait till the airplanes fly over, haha, can be very awkward standing there in silence!

Dolly said...

This was SO FUN to read! Good job Amy! I could think of a lot more to add. I knew every single one of these things so I was proud of myself. You forgot to mention that you loved Classic Pooh too in college! You are so funny!

Amy said...

That's right!! I loved Pooh! haha!

Robin--Glad this made you laugh after a rough day--now it's your turn!

Merritt--That really is funny/awkward about having to wait until the planes go over--just staring at each other.

amanda said...

i didnt know you did this too...loved reading this!!!

the mathisons said...

Amy, you are an original and I love that about you! Where in Cali does Brian have friends? If you guys make it out here again let me know, I would love to see you and meet your family! This was a fun post to read!!

Teecy said...

great list amy!
there were a few things i didn't know, like the fact that the ppl at dunkin donuts know your name! but, i'm not surprised because you make friends everywhere you go!
i'm lol about some of them esp, the disney thing! i lived through that one, but not as much as mary did!!

Donna said...

THose were great, Amy. I am the same way with talking to the neighbors. I talk right when I leave the front door and they are always like "what?!" Embarrison. LOL at your DIsney phase. I don't remember that but I do remember someone thinking she looked just like Scarlett O'Hara and LOVING GOne With the Wind. HAHAHAHAHAH!

Amy said...

DONNA! Embarrassing! I did love Gone with the Wind and I must have had quite a self esteem to think I looked like her....well, you know it changed to Elvira by Senior year, so there you go!

Amy said...

Hi Amanda:)!

That was sweet, Kelli! You saw me through some embarrassing moments too--you accepted me just as I am. Just like Jesus does--ha!

Teecy--I didn't even add that I fell off a motorcyle and have a permanent fat lip to prove it!

Dolly said...

I'm Laughing so hard!!!! I forgot that you thought you looked like Scarlett O'Hara! You even had a giant poster of her above your bed didn't you?

Amy said...

Wait, wait, wait....I WANTED to look like her, not thought I looked like her!

Teecy said...

i'm just sitting here laughing.
amy, college would have been soooo boring without you.
thank you jesus, for amy amee and ameigh!

Dolly said...

and don't forget "Mo" and "Amo"

Amy said...

hahaha...thanks Teecy. I was happy to help make your college experience more enjoyable.

Maryanna said...

Oh, I'm peeing my pants reading this! So, I think you could make this into your fist book. Please? Then I wouldn't come across as such an exagerater to Brian and you'd have a best seller. It's all emotions wrapped up in on. So funny.
Didn't everyone find it refreshing that this new "with it Amy/Mom" still made the comment that she didn't have the spiritual gift of crafts! ? Great job Amy, can't wait to read the next 5!

Amy said...

Hi Mary! Yes, you have been with me through so many of my top 25 and yet you stuck with me. Thanks for calling me "with it" too--that isn't something I get called often (ever?!??!). I'm still serious about not having that gift--I swear it was on the test I took!