Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Brian and more updates...

Happy Birthday, Brian!! Well today my sweet husband celebrated another year of life. He is a wonderful husband and father and we love him dearly. I appreciate how hard Brian works at every thing he does. This guy does not have a half-hearted bone in his body. We love you, Brian!
To remind him of his big day, I sang "Happy Birthday" (Marilyn Monroe breathy version) each time we spoke on the phone. That gave him a good laugh during a busy work day! We had a nice dinner tonight at one of our fav's--Bonefish Grill. After that we came home and I gave Brian his gifts and birthday cake. We are about to devour it.:) Yep, that's right, we have double the dessert! Our dear friend and neighbor, Jessica, made Brian a homemade cheesecake for his birthday. She is a GEM! Two weeks ago she brought over homemade apple crisp. She is an OUTSTANDING cook and we reap the benefits. We love you, Jessica!
Below is a picture of my sweet Samuel on his 8 month birthday taken yesterday--where has the time gone? When I rock him at night and he cuddles up to me I just close my eyes and try to freeze the moment....I know he is growing up so fast.
This picture was taken tonight as we played. He gets tickled at the funniest things, like a strange sound we make or when we play peek-a-boo. It's so fun to hear him laugh!
"Don't worry, Dad, I have these nifty handles to hang on too."
Today Samuel had an allergic reaction to something (not sure exactly what). I snapped this pic for the doctor even though it's hard to really see the severity of it. He's had these reactions a handful of times and they are so random. We did find out he is allergic to milk.


Below are some pictures from a play date with Jessica and Henry. When I first brought Samuel home, Henry wasn't so sure of him because Henry had always been my buddy and here I have this new little guy in my life. However, we've pushed through the growing pains and there is enough love for all! Henry is still my buddy!
Here are the two buddies posing nicely.... (check out Samuel's bottom teeth!)
Samuel: You sure are big and cool!
Henry: I like you, little dude, but you're embarrassing me!
Samuel: Seriously, I can't believe I'll be as big as you one day!
Henry: Don't worry, I'll show you the ropes.
Samuel: I like your nose (he LOVES noses).
Henry: Let's PLAY!

Friends forever....



7 comments:

popv said...

Amy, those pictures are fantastic. Each picture you post of Samuel I see his development, he is so alert and you can see he loves exploring and he loves social interaction. His staring at the candle and his studing Henry are perfect examples. You hold unto those moments honey for they go so quickly. When I look at Samuel and Brian I just go back to raising Brian and wish I could go back and do it all over again. With Brian's birthday and seeing his family and his love for you two makes my heart burst with fatherly pride. It doesn't get any better than this. Love you guys!!!!

Amy said...

Oh, that was very sweet--thank you, Dad V! He is definitely very inquisitive about everything. It's so fun to watch him find new things.

The Jones' said...

Happy Birthday Brian (did he get my egreeting..hope he wasn't offended by the age comment, haha)!! Those desserts made me hungry for sweets...how sweet that Jessica makes them for you two (now thats a good neighbor/friend!)! I'm with Dad V, hold onto those moments with Samuel...they are FLYING by!!

Dolly said...

What a sweet post! I loved seeing all the pictures and Samuel IS developing more and more in each picture. I'm glad Brian had such a nice bday. I'm sure his favorite gift was the carpet cleaning though. :) Can't wait to see you soon with your little guy!

the mathisons said...

Those are the best pictures. Next to his little friend, Samuel looks even bigger. I can almost see him as a big kid... and his eyes are amazing!

Turnipseed said...

Too cute! I love the narrative. Happy Birthday to your hubby. And I wanted to tell you that we have/had the same Leap Frog Letter toy (on your fridge)- which is how Caleb has learned his ABCs. However, I noticed that some letters were disappearing, and one day walked in on Caleb throwing them in the trash... just something to remember. =)

Donna said...

Happy Bday, Brian! That picture of him and Samuel is sweet! Samuel is growing up so fast! I still love his big eyes. They are the first thing you notice when you look at him.