Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby Shower, Reunion and lots of fun!

What an incredible couple of days! On Friday, Samuel and I arrived in Lynchburg, VA for 5 days with my best friends and their kids for our annual reunion and a shower for our dear Dolly. It was SO FUN to watch our kids play together while we played together!:) The first night we had a pizza party at the Reber's and then prepped for Dolly's big day. The shower was so much fun and we really enjoyed spoiling Dolly. Saturday night we went to a local favorite--Osaka's for dinner and met up with some more of our old college friends--Joel, Joy and their new baby, Jett. Sunday night Dolly and Leland hosted a fun cookout with family and friends. It was fun to have the babies together and just catch up for a few hours. We had another dinner party on Monday night at the lovely Johnson home. It was a great few days. Thanks to everyone who made our time in VA so nice. A special thank you to Dawn, Dolly and the Reber family for hosting us all!




Below are tons of pictures, starting with Dolly's shower. Here are Mary and Teecy about to hang the balloons--sorry, Teec, I didn't notice your eye were shut until I downloaded the picture.
We served a plated lunch of chicken, tuna and egg salad with cheese, fruit and bread. Dawn ordered the chocolate on chocolate cake which was also a hit.
Here is Dolly with Caroline, Annabelle and Lola-Reese. They loved watching her open gifts.
Dolly received so many nice things! Little Michael is set!
Could she be ANY CUTER? Talk about a HOT MAMA!
15 years of friendship....What can I say? I love knowing no matter how far apart our lives geographically take us, we can aways count of one another for anything.
I look forward to a lifetime of friendship with you girls! Samuel and Roy Austin had a little time to play together.

Mary and I took the kiddos to Liberty for a little tour of our old stomping grounds. What numerous memories we've made on that campus! It was surreal thinking back to when we were college kids as we strolled our own kids through the buildings.
Future LU students.... If they attend Liberty, Samuel and Dolly-Jane will start the same year! Is there are future for these two? Time will tell:).
More bonding....
After a crazy, fun-filled, active five days, this boy was T-I-R-E-D! He was such a good boy during our trip. I admit I was a little nervous going without Brian for so long, but it was actually uneventful--thank goodness!


The following videos were taken during the trip and we figured family would especially enjoy seeing them. The first two feature Samuel babbling. He can say babababa, mamamama, and dadadada, but his obvious word of choice is captured in the videos.








This last video features my friend, Kim Handy, making Samuel giggle--he loved her!

10 comments:

The Jones' said...

Loved the recap of your special weekend with the girls!! Dolly- You look amazing!! Glad to hear you & Michael were spoiled!

The videos were so fun, he really does love his daddy ;-) There are going to be LOTS of girls fighting over sweet Samuel when he gets older, hehe!

Dolly said...

Amy, what a weekend and you said it right when you said I was spoiled. You girls gave me such a beautiful shower, perfect in every way. I felt so spoiled and loved. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I loved the gift you gave me too. I know that blanket will be one of Michael's favorite for sure! I love you.

PS. You are SUCH a great mommy. A natural and I loved watching you and how you handled your little guy all weekend. You did great!

popv said...

Great videos with Samuel practicing The King's English. He sure is a happy boy.

Amy said...

Merritt--yep, who knows what could be in the future for Samuel in Winnie too!? At the least they will be adorable playmates!

Dolly--Thanks! That was sweet and I have to give a shout out to you girls for always being Johnny on the spot in case I needed an extra set of hands.

Pop-Pop--glad you enjoyed the videos!

the mathisons said...

I love seeing you girls together! What an amazing bond and something so special to pass down to your little ones. You all are so beautiful inside and out! I like knowing what I do about each of you because I can imagine all the fun you had. Your Samuel is so sweet and happy... a result from two wonderful and loving parents. I liked reading Dolly's comment on you being a "natural" which I am sure you are!!! FUN post, Amy!!!

Donna said...

Cute pictures and I agree...a good recap! It was a fun weekend and I enjoyed seeing you and Samuel!

Amy said...

We have great memories with you, Kelli! I love that you know all of our personalities and quirks from the time we spent together at LU. What a fun time! I am so glad we are able to keep up with each other now. It makes the world a smaller place! Love you!

Teecy said...

Amy, I just got to watch the videos and they are so cute! It's fun to see everyone's pictures and recaps even though we lived through it! haha!

Denise said...

I love all these baby shower pictures! Thank all of you girls for posting them!

Maryanna said...

Oh, these pics were great. It really was a special weekend. The shower was fit for our queen D! I especially loved having all our kids together. Amy, I really do hope our children choose Liberty. You never know, but wow, how great that would be. There truly is something extra special about that place and one of those is that THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS THERE......You know, where there is Liberty....Can I hear an Amen???
How could we NOT want our kids there?
Kelli, what a dear girl you are. Next reunion needs to be with the Mathisons!!!!