Saturday, July 5, 2008

God Bless America!!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous 4th of July weekend! We spent the day at my mom's house and had a good ole fashion BBQ with all the fixin's:). We are going to relax today and tomorrow and have friends over for another cookout. It's so nice to have a long weekend with the family. Here are some snapshots from yesterday:


Here we are on the porch before leaving for my mom's. Samuel was all smiles.


Yes, I did coordinate our outfits the night before to show off some red, white and blue for America's big day! Notice my mom in the door reflection trying to get Samuel to look at the camera--hilarious!
Here is Samuel practicing his steps. He LOVES to stand. When we try to put him down in a sitting position he stretches his legs out to stand--so funny.
This below picture is classic! I had just put Samuel down for a nap and came down to see my step-dad and Brian snoozing away. Notice their neck pillows and how their ankles are crossed the same way. I had to laugh! With all three boys in peaceful slumber, my mom and I snuck out for some 4th of July shopping! Of course we found lots of goodies for Samuel.
Samuel loves Mimi's dogs. He squeals at them and tries to grab them (poor dogs!). Here he is mid-grab.
Again, Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!!

8 comments:

the mathisons said...

Looks like a great 4th! Samuel sure has a great smile! I love to shop with my grandma for the kids... a fun bonding time and there are so many cute things out there!

popv said...

Great pictures. One thing is clear Samuel likes dogs and he is a happy young man. He is so responsive which indicates that Mama spends alot of quality time with him, good job Mama. Nittany just told me yesterday that he misses Samuel a great deal and can't wait until he moves down to see Samuel more often. I think they will be the best of friends.

Amy said...

Hi Kelli! Good to hear from you!
Hi Dad V--yes, Samuel has built in playmates with Hershey, Nittany and Tiggy. He loves pups!

Dolly said...

Good weekend recap! I LOVE the picture of Brian and Drex! So funny! The picture of you and Samuel is adorable too. He's such a cutie! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Amy said...

Hey D! I can't wait to see you and your belly bump in less than two weeks! I just got your message--if we don't get in touch I'll call you tomorrow. Can't wait to hear about your weekend! I bet your blogging right now.

Donna said...

Cute outfit on Samuel! I am glad y'all had a relaxing weekend. I'll see you in 2 weeks in VA!

The Jones' said...

YAH! I knew you wouldn't disappoint with a blog this morning!! LOVE the coordinating outfits, you V's crack me up!! How fun that Samuel likes to walk/stand already, what a big boy.

Amy said...

Yes, see you in 2 weeks, Donna--can't wait to spoil Dolly Mama and baby Michael.
Hi Mert, I enjoyed reading your blog update this A.M.