Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Blogswap Gift!

My blogswap gift arrived late yesterday afternoon as Brian and I were about to head to a Christmas party. Although we were already a bit late, I HAD to rip open the box and see its contents. Mrs. Jan "Jenius" Reber had my name and did an incredible job picking out so many adorable, festive items to bring a little Christmas cheer. First, I opened the cute round box to find four winter Christmas mugs (and you know I love my hot drinks!). Next, I found a container of YUMMY looking hot chocolate which will be enjoyed in my Christmas mugs very soon. Mrs. Reber also added some tea and cute holly Christmas towels (I needed some of these). To top it all off, I received some of Mrs. Reber's delicious sugar nuts - they almost did not make it into the picture because Brian was devouring them. Oh, and one last surprise - the kid's Christmas video that none other than Mrs. Darla Reber Seckman stars as a little girl. Samuel is going to grow up thinking his "Auntie" Dolly is a star!

Thank you so much, Mrs. Reber, for the thoughtful, useful and fun gifts!! I love them all!

13 comments:

Donna said...

WOW! MOm did a great job! VEry creative and festive. I LOVE those nuts...I am craving them right now!!!!

The Dolly Video is a classic. Samuel will LOVE it.

I also love the new picture at the top of the blog. Very cute!

Janis Reber said...

Glad you finally got your box, Amy. I'm really sorry it took so long for me to get it sent out. With Baby Jane and another trip after I got home from Florida, I was so behind in lots of things. Anyway, I hope you enjoy everything, and especially that "Dolly Video". Caroline, Donna, Roy, Danny and I just got done watching it here at Donna's house. It's really a Christmas tradition. Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!!!

Amy said...

Oh wow, I didn't know everyone was in Charlotte right now. I knew Dolly and Mikey were there, but how fun to have everyone (or most) together.
Mrs. Reber, I loved all the cute gifts and they were worth the wait, so don't worry about that one bit:). I could tell you put a lot of thought into making everyone flow together too. I have never seen the Dolly video, so I look forward to watching it with my sugar nuts and hot cocoa:).

The Jones' said...

YAH you got your swap package!! I can imagine your face lighting up when it showed up on your doorstep! Good job Jenius, I'm hoping there are some nuts left tonight so I can steal a few ;-) Love the pic on the top too Amy, you all look amazing!! Don't you just love Kim!!

Suzanne said...

Very Creative Jenius. And Amy, I just love the picture on top of your blog. Your little boy definently has your eyes!! Beautiful family!!

Amy said...

Good to see your fam last night, Merritt!
Hi Suzanne and thank you! It took me forever to figure out how to add a pic up there:).

Momofgirls said...

Great stuff! Merry Christmas! Your picture at the top of your blog is GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH, AMY!!!! I L-O-V-E the picture at the top. It took my breath away. That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO good. Who took that?!?!?

Great job, Jenius. Those nuts ALWAYS scream Max's name. He LOVES your nuts!

Dolly said...

Oh AMY! I LOVE the new picture at the top. It took my breath away too! you look beautiful and that little Samuel is a-dorable!!! Good pic of Brian too!

ANyhow, my mom did great! I can't believe she included the "Dolly Video". That's funny! I hope Samuel does grow up thinking his auntie DOlly is a star. I'll give him my autograph one day.

Amy said...

Mom of Girls, HPS & Dolly, I'm so glad you loved that picture! The lady who took it has a website www.evolvestudiophoto.com. Eventually I'll get around to posting the rest of them. Maybe I'll do it right now. And, yes, Jenius out did herself!

the mathisons said...

Fun new header! What a cool idea... the swap. Dolly has a video? Can it be rented?

Hope you and your family are doing well and enjoying all that this time of year brings!

Denise said...

I'm just gettng caught up on all the swap gifts. Mom GREAT job! I love the gift. To the gift giver!

Amy, beautiful picture at the top of your blog!

Teecy said...

I love that she gave you kids sing christmas!