Monday, March 9, 2009

Busy past few days

Samuel and I have been home alone for the last five days while Brian is in OR. We miss him terribly so to pass time we kept VERY busy. Dolly & Michael came to visit us Wed - Friday and we had so much fun shopping, eating, talking and letting our boys "play" together. Samuel asked for "Doll" & "baby" for several days after they left. Unfortunately, we did not take any pics during their visit! Saturday we headed to my mom's house for the day. Samuel had a blast (again, I forgot my camera). The weather was beautiful so he played on the porch and outside most of the time. He did some major exploring as his curious little mind could not get enough of all the new sights.
On Sunday we took a little road trip to Winston-Salem to visit a LOT of family. Our first stop was my dad's house. Samuel liked sitting on his Harley and looking at all the antique toys. After that stop we had lunch w/ my grandmother. Samuel explored the house and decided his favorite past time was sitting in the driveway playing with rocks. He did give some kisses out too. Our final stop was Ralph's house where we were able to visit a few more family members including my Aunt Carol who is battling breast cancer (she is doing great though). So, after a very long day, we arrived home at 8pm. Samuel was a great traveler and it was a fun day! We can't wait to see Brian tonight!

Below is my dad/Samuel bonding...

Samuel is acting shy - "should I give my kisses out?"...


It didn't take too much convincing!!


His favorite "toy" was this empty popcorn tin that entertained him for a long time. He thought he was something else picking it up and carrying it. Yes, we ended up taking it back w/ us.


This is Carrol, Ralph and my Aunt Carol...
And here we are, the traveling buddies. We had a fun time, but we're ready for Brian to get home!

3 comments:

Dolly said...

Good recap Amy! I'm so glad Samuel was a good traveler for you while you made all those stops to see family. But then again, he's such a good boy and does great in the car. I knew he would.

We LOVED seeing you and hanging out for a few days and I'm so glad Brian will be home tonight. Seems like he's been gone forever. We'll have to do it again for sure! I love your little guy.

Amy said...

Dolly, you and Michael made the time go by faster and a lot more fun! Samuel misses you guys as much as I do. So refreshing to see you. How is my sweet Michael? I really do miss cuddling that sweet boy. Could that giggle be any cuter?!

popv said...

It's 5:30am here in Pa. Getting ready to leave for Stroudsburg, Pa to do a testing session for Verizon. My grandson is growing and standing up straight and tall, it will not be long until he takes off. Samuel's hair is filling out and it is obvious that MaMa spends alot of time with Samuel for you can tell he likes people. Love you guys, PupPup.