Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Dress up with Samuel







Sometimes I have too much fun playing dress up with my little man. Here are some pictures in his Christmas outfit, puppy outfit and his preppy New Year's Eve party outfit. We had a fun Christmas with the V's in town. We went to the Christmas Eve service at our church, ate lots of good food made by my incredible cook husband and his sister, and just soaked in Samuel's first Christmas. Last night we went to a New Year's Eve party at our neighbor's house and it was a lot of fun. Samuel was the show stopper as he was passed around all night and loved cooing and smiling at everyone. When we left all the guests circled around him to get one more smile...which he unselfishly gave! However, mom and dad paid the price of his social night because he would not settle down for sleep until after midnight.

We are enjoying are little boy and finally believe all the people who said "it gets easier around 8 weeks"... We thought they just wanted to have something encouraging to say, but low and behold over the last 5 days our boy has slept better and even seems to have less pain from acid reflux. Oh, and he would NOT got in the carseat so cabin fever was settling in for mom, but he is even doing better with that--thank goodness! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!

10 comments:

The Jones' said...

He is getting so big!! I cannot wait to get my hands on him tomorrow ;-)

Maryanna said...

That Samuel James! Oh my goodness, he's such a cutie. So glad that things are getting easier. Can't wait to meet the little guy in person!

Amy said...

Mary, update your blog! I want to see Christmas pics of the girls and it's not like you don't have tons of extra time, you only have 2kids and a church to run--get on it!

Denise said...

Amy, what a cutie. I am just now catching up on the blogs. I have been MIA for a few weeks. Samuel is PRECIOUS! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Dolly said...

Amy, Samuel is ADORABLE!!! I see Brian in him big time in those first two pictures. He's such a good dresser for such a little guy. Keep the pictures coming. I love seeing him grow up.

And yes Mary, I want to see updated pictures of your girls too! Love you!

Amy said...

thanks guys! Happy New Year to you too!

Teecy said...

yay! more samuel pics! He's the greatest...can't wait to meet him and live closer to that little man!

Janis Reber said...

Amy, that little guy is just a doll....and I guess you're having fun playing doll with him and changing his little outfits like you probably used to do when you were a little girl. It's so much better with a real baby, huh? The pictures are beautiful, and I'm so happy for you. Enjoy every minute of that little bundle. He'll grow up so fast.

the mathisons said...

I thought after having a girl that it may not be as fun dressing up a little guy, but I was wrong... they are just as cute and fun to try outfits on. Samuel is so handsome!

Donna said...

Cute pics, Amy! I'm glad it's gettting easier for you. I like the puppy dog outfit, too!

BTW, is that Marie Osmond in the background?

I agree about Mary's blog. I've been checking for Christmas pics, too! COME ON MARY!