Sunday, January 27, 2008

Samuel loves talking to himself in the mirror on his swing...he thinks he found a new playmate! What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? Samuel's first snow! I was holding him and taking the picture because Brian was out of town.

Samuel is almost 3 months old now and we cannot believe it! I love this age because he is sleeping better and because his little personality comes through more and more each day. I think my lips are permanently puckered from kissing his head so much. Could be why he is losing his hair! Brian was in CA for five days and boy did we miss him! Samuel had a few rough nights with his reflux pain and it was nerve wracking not having another set of hands to help out. We had a little snow storm while he was gone too. It was so beautiful to see snow falling, but a little claustrophobic at the same time because I didn't want to get out in the bad weather with Samuel. It was fun to see the ground WHITE though since that is a rare occasion here.

Samuel had his 2 month check up a few weeks ago (it was a little later than 8 weeks). He weighed in at 12.5 lbs, so he has some chub on him. He is getting more interested in trying to roll over. He has accomplished it twice--once last night. He grunted and strained so hard to move his little body over, then when he did his arm was stuck under his belly and he couldn't get it out. He is still working out the roll over kinks. He has been liking his car seat better too. Although last time I said that he decided he hated it again, so by my next post that could be the story. We were thankful for some peaceful outings last weekend though!

11 comments:

Teecy said...

Yay! FTC!!!
I was so happy to see a new post with these adorable pictures. I love the caption for the second one...perfect! (that flashback really does tell our age though!)
Love ya Amy and I'm so happy to hear an update!

Donna said...

Yes! I love when you have new posts. I can't believe that Samuel is rolling over! RA is still not doing this.

He is adorable! I love the second picture, too. I still see Brian all the way.

Amy said...

Well, I wouldn't say he's rolling over really--he worked himself silly to get over so he may not try it again for awhile! Thanks for the comments--yes, he is a Brian mini-me.

Dolly said...

YES! I clicked on your blog in hopes that maybe there is something new and sure enough, my face lit up! LOVE the new pictures. Amy, he's a DOLL! He's really going to be a heart breaker. I love the first picture of him. He sure is getting big! I cannot wait to see him in person.

Dolly said...

by the way, in the second picture (which is adorable) Samuel's got your lips all the way!

Amy said...

Thanks, D! It's so true that comment shows my era/age. Embarrassingly enough, I even just watched an E! True Hollywood special on that little guy!

The Jones' said...

Yeah!! I was waiting patiently for a new posting! He is getting so big. How fun that he found himself (or a friend) in the swing mirror, maybe he will like the swing more now.

Special msg for Dolly.... I can't see your page anymore, so sad. Can you add me?

Dolly said...

Hey Merritt! So SORRY! I emailed AMy for your email address so I can add you to my blog. Can you email it to me?

Thanks!

the mathisons said...

amy... he has great personality in those expressions!
is that your neighborhood in the background? looks like a great place to go for a walk. wish we could join the two of you!

Suzanne said...

Amy- You have the cutest baby boy! and that comment about what you talking bout Willis totally reminded me of Dolly and her old boss B.Willis. I can hear Dolly saying that now.

Amy said...

Hi Kelli! Yes, that's my neighborhood and it would be a good place to walk if buddy boy liked his stroller:). He's starting to like it more though--I would LOVE to have you here and on a walk w/ us!
Suzanne---thank you!!!! Did Dolly really say that to her boss? So funny!