Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sleepy Baby, Happy Parents


Last night was a big night in the V household. Let me first explain that our little guy doesn't sleep on the go--not in his car seat on drives or in unfamiliar places. Therefore, when we go out he is bound to miss a nap (well, he'll take a catnap in mom's arms, but that's the extent of it). So, last night at church Samuel slept in my arms maybe 20 minutes which means he only had 20 min of sleep between 4:30 and when we put him to bed at 9:00. The above picture is Samuel SOOOOO tired (notice the sweet little tear in his eye). I love that he is a thumbsucker b/c I think it's so sweet that he loves that little thumb and goes for it when he's tired or upset. Anyway, all that to say---he slept from 9:00pm straight through until 6:35am!!!!!! We are soooo excited and I even made Brian go make sure he was breathing around 5:00am. We are so thankful to God that the acid reflux medicine he is now on is working. He still has some of the reflux, but the major pain he was in is mostly gone with an occasional flare up. Here's hoping this sleeping through the night gig lasts!

13 comments:

Jenifer said...

Oh my goodness!! This is the sweetest picture of him. And I'm so glad to hear he slept all night!! Yay Samuel!! Keep it up!!!

The Jones' said...

Hallelujah, PTL!! I'm so excited for you guys! Winnie and I will keep praying for him ;-)

Amy said...

Thanks, guys! He slept from 9 - 6 last night too...crossing our fingers it's not a fluke.

PaPaV said...

This is PaPaV responding to the most recent picture of my grandson Samuel James. If I sound proud, you can bet your britches I'm as proud as a peacock of my grandson who will carry on The Vallecorse name. Brian was such a joy to raise and I have always said I would like to go back and do it all over again. Guess what, now I have Samuel who looks like Brian, but has Amy's beautiful eyes and lips and I understand Amy's very social personality, excellent. What a gorgeous boy, darn I'm bursting with pride. Excuse me for being a conceited grandpa, but this boy is exceptional. Do you think it might have anything to do with the last name? I have always thought that babies either look like Winston Churchill or Mr Magoo. Samuel is gorgeous by golly.

Dolly said...

what a sweet little face Samuel is making. I'm so glad he's sleeping better through the night and know you are too. PapaV sure has a lot to be proud of. You can't tell he is at all!

Amy said...

Dad V, you sound like what every grandpa thinks of their grandson--and I'm glad I had a boy b/c you would be sad not to pass on the name I think:)! You're a good Pups!

PaPaV said...

I would have just as pleased to have a little girl so MumMumV and I could dress her up in pretty clothes, but I'm so pleased for Samuel James and that you have 3 Vallecorse men in your life. If GOD blesses you with a beautiful daughter my main man Samuel will be her big brother and will always be there for her. We are so blessed aren't we and so much to be thankful for?

Mimi said...

WOW! This is the sweetest picture yet. I hate to disappoint Brian's Dad but he looks alot like his Mama did as a baby. I can't wait to get my hands on him and get all the kisses and hugs I can!!!!!

PaPaV said...

Mimi, I don't think so!!!!

Amy said...

What is this, a grandparent showdown? I'm laughing right now at you two. Listen, Brian and I look alike so Samuel favors us both--let's leave it at that. He definitely looks more like his daddy and that is fine with me!

Donna said...

Woooah! Easy, guys. Samuel looks like a Vallecorse and a Neal. Okay?

Amy, I love that picture! It makes me want to hold the little guy! I am SOOO happy that he is sleeping through the night for you. Doesn't it make the biggest difference?

Amy said...

haha--I know, we need a grandparent mediator!

Yes, it makes me feel like a normal person when I can actually sleep normal hours!

PaPaV said...

Yes, I think the war is on between Mimi and GrandpaV, only kidding, but it very clear that both set's of grandparents are already fond of this little rug rat. He is one good looking dude.