Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Samuel's 4 Month Appt...

Sweet Samuel getting up from his nap just in time for his check-up. Little does he know that shots are in his near future....poor baby! Here he is with daddy right before his shots. He's sucking his fingers with that worried look like he knows something's up!
Here he is right after the shots. He cried, but not for long. I think it was harder on us!
Look at that sad little face!! We put him in his comfy PJ's for the rest of the day.
This picture has nothing to do w/ his check-up. We put together his Jumperoo and the first time we put him in it, he was backwards. Too funny to not grab the camera!




Today we had Samuel's 4 month check-up. I can't believe my little guy is already 4 months old! It's been so fun watching him grow and develop over the last few months and although we know there is much to look forward to, sometimes we want to slow the time down. Samuel's little personality is evolving more and more! He loves when we read, talk and sing to him and let's us know with his cute squeaks and coos. He has started mimicking things too. When you stick your tongue out at him he pokes his little tongue out right back at you. He LOVES this game now! Everytime I go to pick him up out of the crib from a nap he grins and sticks his tongue out--it melts me! He has started giggling too. Mostly when we tickle him and sometimes just when he thinks sometime is funny like when I kiss his hand over and over. He is hitting all his milestones well and even tries to sit up (although he can't quite yet). He sometimes grabs the toys dangling from his mobile gym and uses them as leverage to try pull himself up. It's hilarious to watch. He recently decided baths were not his favorite thing, so he tries sooo hard to pull up and out of it. He has rolled over a few times, but he then finds himself stuck on his back and is not happy. We have to intervene at that point! He weighed in today at 14.6 pounds. He is eating well and loves to play with my hand during feedings. Enjoy the pictures!

21 comments:

The Jones' said...

What a cutie! He has such a fun personality! SO excited to see this post!! Hopefully we can get the little ones together soon, they are growing so fast!

Dolly said...

LOVE the update and pictures. He's getting so big! That sad face picture is precious! I can't believe he's 4 months old today too! WOW! Good post!

The Jones' said...

Oh hahaha I forgot to tell you that I LOVE your pouty face!! Also, just realized you put the 4mos paper next to Samuel's head in the sad face pic...way to capture the moment!!

Amy said...

I noticed that too--it was not on purpose, but made a great 'capture':).

Donna said...

Cute! I love his eyes in that picture of him crying. I hate it when they get their shots. They're always so happy and smiley and then the nurse sticks them and they cry after a second. SOO sad. But then you get to cuddle with them:) You're doing a great job and you're a great mom!

Amy said...

Thanks, Donna! That was sweet! You inspire me b/c you are so with it as a mom and wife!

Christy said...

Amy--he is the cutest little thing! I can't believe he's already 4 months...you guys are awesome parents!!!

Amy said...

Hi Christy! Good to hear from you! That was a sweet comment. Hope you are doing well!

Teecy said...

I love the pouty face picture too...he's really good at that one!
we should name that one. (like on zoolander...blue steel)

Maryanna said...

I LOVE everything about these pictures! Seeing you and Brian at the drs. with your baby boy is just crazy to me first of all. You guys really are parents! Going through shots is like bootcamp for parents I think. I'm sure you felt the pain more than he did. Oh, poor thing! I could really see Sammy J's personality in these pics along with his baby blues and BLONDE hair! What??? AND...Dolly-Jane has that same jumperoo!!! She started jumping in hers at 5 months and watching her never gets old. It just cracks us up. He's going to love it too, just make sure you don't put him in head first :)
Love you all!!!

Amy said...

I just realized this is my 3rd post where I'm wearing that black jumpsuit--hahaha. I wear it all the time!! That's funny that Dolly-Jane has the same jumperoo! As soon as his legs can touch the floor I think he'll like it.

popv said...

This is Mum Mum V responding to the most recent pictures of my dear grandson, Samuel. Honestly the tears break my heart. I want to hug him and sing " Jesus Loves Me."
Yog Elska Dag, Swedish for I love you.

popv said...

This is PopPopV. I can't fully grasp that this is my grandson who will carry on our last name. I am so proud of Samuel and the parents GOD has given him. Samuel is such a fortunate boy with godly parents who place the safety and welfare of the gift that GOD has given them above their own needs. That is parenthood and GOD is pleased and so is PopPopV.

Jennifer said...

Ahh, poor little guy...so pitiful, aren't they? I always feel so sorry for the nurse too - what a horrible job they have! :)

I know what you mean about time standing still - why does it go so fast?? SLOW DOWN!!

Amy said...

Yes, it is going by too fast!! I love this age right now and I just want to freeze it! I'm sure it only gets better though!

the mathisons said...

I love your updates on motherhood and watching your baby boy grow into such a cute little man! You are a good mom, Amy!

kirsten said...

Amy, I love the sweet pictures. Shots are such a bummer! I hate them! Does he suck his fingers? Like his cousin Lola-Reese??? So sweet!!! You sure do have a cutie on your hands.

Amy said...

Kirsten, I thought of you when I took that picture of Samuel sucking his fingers. He usually sucks his thumb, but sometimes he pops those two fingers in...it melts me and I know it melts you when LR does it;)>.

KellyLee said...

Amy! This is Kelly "Hemeon" Portnoy. You remember Your old "boss". Remember our year rotting away in the corner of the admissions cubicle sea sharing our computer, drinking coffee and solving the worlds mysteries? Good times. I found you via my friend Holli (Teecy commented...so click, click, click..there you are!) Anyway, just wanted to say congrats on your wonderful family and adorable Sammy! Such a great season of life. I am just weeks away from popping out my next wee one! YEAH. Just wanted to say Hi, love to hear from you. Take care girl.

KellyLee said...

I don't know why that has my name going to some random blog. My blog is www.notinaday.com/kelly

Amy said...

Kelly! So good to hear from you!! Thanks for commenting on my blog and congrats on the little one soon to come. Aren't you so happy those corner alumni days are over? It was fun hanging out though, but boy did the days go slowly. Plus I was a ZOMBIE b/c I was working at the news station at 4AM!