Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all of the daddy's out there! We had a nice weekend and made sure the dad in our house felt loved. We spent some time at the pool, ate some yummy food and gave Brian some gifts. Samuel definitely loves his Papa and I'm thankful to have such a great partner to raise our little fellow. Below is a recap of our day!

We took Samuel to the pool for the first time this week and he loved it! However, he did NOT love the sunglasses we got him (except to chew on)!
Here our the boys in the pool today. It was so bright that I took tons of pictures in hopes we'd get a good one since I had no idea what I was snapping.
I finally got him to put the glasses on (crooked, but oh well) long enough for a quick snapshot. They were off as soon as he could get to them.
For Father's Day and other special occasions I like to make Brian's favorite dish. This cannelloni recipe was passed down from his Italian grandmother. As soon as we were married I got a copy! It's very time consuming, but well worth it. For dessert we had Brian's fav, Cherry cream cheese pie. I think the V's need a few extra trips to the pool to work all this off!!
Samuel loves to stand and although he gets wobbly after a short time, he is starting to hold himself up for short periods. I was excited he balanced long enough for me to get this picture.


A special Happy Father's Day to our dad's as well. We love you and are so grateful for all the years you invested in our lives (and continue too).


10 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Father's Day Brian!!! Cute pictures too!

Amy said...

Thanks, Denise!!

Dolly said...

Happy first Father's Day Brian! You're a great daddy and it's been fun watching you with Samuel. Good post Amy! Looks like ya'll had a nice day and I'm impressed with your meal for Brian. Looks so yummy!

popv said...

Looking at these picture and seeing my own son holding his son and realizing he loves his son as much as I love my son makes this grandpa very happy and proud. God is good!!!!

Turnipseed said...

Happy Father's Day. I am glad Samuel loved the pool--And that food looked amazing- I am impressed. Also, begin placing all of your breakables up high--you will be amazed how quick he is once he starts moving, that will be a workout in itself. =)

The Jones' said...

Happy first Father's Day Brian!! What a fun day at the pool and enjoying some family time! I'm sure Brian felt very loved with your yummy dinner. You inspired me to make my hubby his fav meal last night too...seafood lasagna (also a time consumer but yummy). How fun that Samuel is standing up so well, he is going to be moving in no time!!

Teecy said...

Amy, you're such a sweet wife and mommy!

Unknown said...

Me impressed!!!!!! You look great and so do your yummy dishes. I want some pie!!!! AP is infatuated w/ sunglasses...really any glasses....but sunglasses will do just fine. Her and Samuel need to play together! You're a great mommy and wifeanoli!!!!!

the mathisons said...

I love the pictures Amy! It would be fun to meet Brian.. He seems like the perfect husband for you and a wonderful dad to Samuel. What a fun day!!!

Amy said...

Thanks, girls!! Hannah...your comment on the other post cracked me up. Kelli--you'd love Brian and I know I'd love Dale! He looks so happy go lucky! Teecy--WELCOME TO AMERICA!