Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Update and a Fun Family Visit

First of all I wanted to thank all of you who prayed for and inquired about my grandfather. He passed away Sunday a week ago in Hospice surrounded by family. It's been a rough week and we'll miss him dearly. We are so thankful he is with the Lord and we are holding on to that!

Brian's parents and sister came for a visit last Thursday/Friday and we have had a blast with them! Of course Samuel was the focal point and everyone enjoyed playing with him. We grilled out, shopped and attended Henry's 2nd birthday party (Samuel's buddy). The V's little dog, Nittany, was a hit with Samuel. He giggled every time Nittany came near him. Poor dog though--Samuel's "playing" included ear pulling and his version of a hug which is trying to grab Nittany with both hands. I captured some of Samuel's moments with Nittany below. The V's leave tomorrow and we'll miss them. We've had a lot of fun together and they've been a big help!

Below is a family shot. Notice Samuel checking out Nittany and Nittany nervously looking behind to make sure his hair does not get pulled again.
Here is Samuel just up from a nap, still in his sleep sack having a ball petting Nittany.
Below is Samuel's new face--he gets so excited his whole face smiles and he wrinkles up his little nose and squeals.
Here is Auntie Lynnie with a very sleepy boy--he loves that thumb!
Samuel loves to be toted on daddy's shoulders, tossed in the air, tickled or just anything that involves a thrill and movement. He is constant motion and there is never a dull moment. He is doing new things practically everyday and I can't get enough of this little guy!

6 comments:

Dolly said...

yipee for the update! I just clicked on your blog and was happy to see a new update. It looks like you all had a nice visit with the V's and I know they all loved seeing Samuel again. My favorite picture is the last one with Samuel's sparkle eyes! I think that will my new nickname for him. Sparkle eyes!

Donna said...

HAHA! I love the dog's expression in each picture! That's so funny. Samuel is getting so big! Isn't this stage fun? I think it's my favorite:)

Amy said...

Yes, I LOVE this stage!!! I just love seeing him learn and do new things and he is really into his mama right now which I love;).

The Jones' said...

What a fun post!! Looks like you all had a nice visit with the V's! They are probably missing him already...he is such a sweet little guy.

kirsten said...

love the pictures!!! he has such a sweet smile. I am with Donna, I love this stage also. But to me it just keeps getting better and better with every stage. Give that sweet boy a kiss from me.

Teecy said...

Wow...I LOVE samuel's new face! He is getting so big!