Sunday, June 1, 2008

5 year anniversary, 2 teeth and 1 trip to the beach!

As you can see from the title, we had a lot going on this weekend! Brian and I decided to celebrate our 5 year anniversary at Carolina beach. We arrived around 1pm on Friday and Samuel was not a happy boy! His nose was running like crazy, he was sneezing and just feeling lousy. He was very tired, but was not able to sleep for being uncomfortable. We were sure the weekend was going to be a rough one. In the afternoon, he perked up a little so we took him to the beach. He was very inquisitive as he is about everything. He could not understand what all this new stuff was, but he was going to try to find out! He liked having his toes in the water and just stared at the ocean and sand for a long time. I can't imagine seeing this grand sight for the first time! We took a long walk on the beach and then came in for some playtime. As Samuel and Brian were playing, Samuel gnawed on Brian's nose and I heard a yelp. This is how we discovered why our boy was feeling icky--his two bottom teeth came in!! We could see the white tops and feel the rough edges. We couldn't believe our baby was cutting teeth! Later that evening we ordered dinner in and sat on the deck with the ocean as our backdrop--it was very relaxing. Saturday we went to the park and had a nice day before heading to downtown Wilmington for dinner. We walked along the riverfront and Samuel soaked in all the new sights and sounds. Oh, and over the course of the weekend we played 28 games of backgammon (20 of which I won--sorry BJV!) It was a great weekend!!


Samuel taking in the ocean--not sure what to think at this point so he sucks his fingers as he ponders it all.
He liked getting his toes wet....
This is when we discovered he got his first 2 teeth in!!
Here we are on the front porch of the Pilot House after dinner--it was yummy! Here is a picture from our wedding day. I can't believe how quickly the last five years have gone by. I remember our wedding day like yesterday! The best memory was walking down the aisle to Brian knowing we were going to be lifelong partners. I remember butterflies in my stomach thinking about where life would take us and knowing there was no one else I'd want to have by my side. Five years later, I feel the same way--Happy Anniversary, Brian!!


15 comments:

popv said...

Wonderful, wonderful pictures of three wonderful people who Mum Mum and Pop Pop love very dearly. Happy anniversary to our wonderful children. For Samuel, next comes the Tooth Fairy pal. He looks so content and happy.

The Jones' said...

What a fun weekend!! I've been waiting to see little Samuel's toes hit the sand, looks like he likes it!! The black and white family picture is amazing and definitely a framer!! Happy Anniversary (think thats the 3rd time I've told you...), what a memorial time to spent together...where have the years gone!

Turnipseed said...

Happy Anniversary! Yipee for Samuel- solid foods are just around the corner. =)

Dolly said...

I loved hearing about your weekend Amy. Looks like it was SO RELAXING and great weather for you guys too. Samuel is growing up and it's so neat that he's getting his first teeth. I can't wait to see him! Happy Anniversary to you too! I remember it like it was yesterday too. You were a beautiful and stunning bride. See you tomorrow!!!

Donna said...

WOw! You were a gorgeous bride, Amy! I can't believe it's been five years, too! Congrats:)

I'm glad you had fun at the beach. It was a perfect weekend, weatherwise for that, too. Congrats on the teeth coming in!!

Unknown said...

Amy, I remember when Dolly was throwing your wedding showers. I can't believe it's been five years either. ALL of those pics are WONDERFUL! Every last one is a framer. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!

the mathisons said...

you all look like you should be on the cover of a magazine... such a beautiful family!!!
Happy Anniversary!!!

Christy said...

Amy, you look so beautiful and that Samuel of yours...he is SUCH a cutie! Happy Anniversary late. :)

becky said...

Congrats on 5 years, and a handsome little boy! What a fun weekend! Oh, John and I love backgammon, too!

Amy said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments! HPS & Becky, long time no comment--good to hear from you! You know for every good picture there are 8 bad ones--that's the beauty of the blog--we have control on what to show;).

Unknown said...

Amy, I'm SOOOOOOOO sorry about your grandfather! I know he had been sick but it's never easy to lose your grandparents. I've been thinking about you! GOd bless your family. Love, Hannah

Amy said...

Oh, thank you Hannah. I haven't blogged about it, but I'm just so glad we had that visit two weeks ago.

Janis Reber said...

Can it be five years already? I remember your beautiful wedding like it was yesterday. You were a beautiful, beaming bride. Now you've got a beautiful little boy. Things are wonderful for you and I'm so glad. Just saw a sign that said, "Nothing worth having is purchased". How true. You have your wonderful husband and beautiful son. What more could you want. You are truly blessed!

Amy said...

Thank you Mrs. Reber! It was so special to have you and Mr. Reber at our wedding--we loved sharing that day with you guys! I do feel blessed with my two boys:).

Teecy said...

Amy, I've been skimming your blog the last several weeks but I'm just now reading all the details and commenting!
I love the picture of the 3 of you. You look absolutely beautiful and in love with the boys in your life...so content and at peace! I'm so happy!