Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stadium Food and James Taylor

Last night, Brian and I had a much needed date night! Mimi came over around 4 to take care of Samuel for us while we went to the James Taylor concert. It was a blast! I think we were ready for a little get away because we arrived TWO hours early for the concert. We felt like the Grizwalds entering Wally World because the place was so bare. We were the 4th car to arrive so we just hung out and talked until the doors opened. Before I get into the concert let me explain why "stadium food" is in the title. I LOVE stadium food--I love fair food, amusement park food, sporting event food, you name it. So, first things first, we hit the food. I had a yummy, messy BBQ chicken sandwich. We sat in our sits and as I went to take the first bite, my frozen fingers (it was cold last night) flipped over the container and BBQ went EVERYWHERE...the floor, sit, and in Brian's drink. Brian was a trooper and hooked me up with some chicken tenders/fries (less messy). The concert was a lot of fun. We were on the 11th row, so we really got a great view of everything. It was a fun night out!
The last two pics are of Samuel in his new fun place--the laundry basket! A friend at gymboree class told me her little one loves hanging out in her laundry basket and it was how she learned to pull up. Now when she needs a little time to get dinner ready, etc... she puts her little one down in the basket (on the carpet so if it tips over, it's still soft). I tried it with Samuel and he loved it.


10 comments:

Dolly said...

How fun! Yesterday was a cold one here too. I guess it was an outside concert? That's nice that you both got away and that your mom was there to watch Samuel. So funny about your dinner. Brian's a good sport! Looks like Samuel has a new favorite toy. Sometimes finding things around the house is probably better than any toy you could buy.

popv said...

I can't wait to have Nittany play with Samuel in the clothes basket. Nittany loves throwing around articles of clothing so those two should get along well. Concerning my daughter's food. I am going out and buying her an adult size bib, ha!!! Glad you guys had fun, we like James Taylor on this end as well.

the mathisons said...

I love that have another post! It is fun to read and see the fun things you are up to! Sounds like a wonderful date... and with James Taylor!!! It does feel good to have a grown-ups night out and nice to have someone who loves Samuel so much that you know he is happy while you're gone. Reese has gone from sitting in the laundry basket to turning it upside down and climbing on it to reach things she shouldn't:}

Ashleigh said...

How fun!! I've seen JT a few times over the years and will be seeing him in Charlotte tonight. :O) He puts on a good concert. Glad that you and Brian were able to have a date night!! And Samuel is so cute in the basket. Fun, fun, fun!

Amy said...

That's cool that you are going to night, Ashleigh! JT gets around!

Donna said...

I didn't know you were a JT fan? Did he sing "in my mind, I'm goin' to Carolina....". HAHA! I'll have to try that basket thing with RA.

Turnipseed said...

I loved this post! My Sam will be amazingly envious- How funny. I have to admit that sometimes I still go to Sunday afternoon matinees (by myself) and sit in the dark studio to just hear the sound of silence. Samuel and his basket are too adorable. Caleb calls his basket his "Boat". He just gets mad when he can't figure out how to get out..

Suzanne said...

Hey Amy! That is a great idea with the laundry basket! Wish I had heard about that one sooner! That is great you and Brian had a night out! How nice!

Amy said...

Brian is the big JT fan, but last night made a believer out of me!:) Suzanne, I need to check out your blog, but is it private? That's cute that Kaleb calls the basket a boat. Samuel loves being pulled around in it.

The Jones' said...

FUN!! Thats so nice to have your mom so close to watch Samuel while you two have a date night! Hilarious about your dinner... stadium food is yummy! We will have to try the laundry basket when Winnie is sitting up better, she would probably squirm around in there like a fish on its back (haha!).