Saturday, May 3, 2008

And Away We Grow!

Samuel has LOVED his rice cereal, so we decided to spice things up by adding sweet potatoes to his diet. Well in this picture he is politely smiling because he doesn't like them! He holds it in his mouth with a worried look before swallowing. I had to grab the camera to capture his sweet potato moment---I just wanted to kiss that little dirty face to pieces! Here he is at play. Everything goes directly in the mouth and once he gets bored he flips over to see the world from a different view. He is getting so big!
Our little guy turns 6 months next week and it's so hard to believe! He has been such a joy and keeps getting sweeter all the time. He is becoming more and more independent these days. He is sitting up for long periods of time and even has his favorite book. Everytime I get out "That's Not My Truck", he giggles! The book has thick pages so Samuel likes the turn the pages himself. He has also discovered the phone--he gets the biggest grin when he sees it (and of course the remote control). This past week our neighbor, Henry, waved at him and he waved back! I've only got him to do it one other time since, but it melts me. He is curious about everything and I can tell as soon as he starts crawling he is outta here! He has places to go and things to explore....it will be fun and tiring I'm sure!

9 comments:

popv said...

Samuel will grow up to love his sweet potatos, beets, tomatoes, aspargus, radishes etc..and Amy and Brian will learn to recognize all of the stains on the bibs. Samuel your PopPop loves sweet potatoes and just wait until Grandma Pratt makes her wonderful sweet potato dish you will not waste any on the bib pal.

the mathisons said...

I just want to squish his little thighs! Wow, 6 months... those moments are so sweet as they start responding to you and the world. He has such kind eyes, Amy, they look like yours.

Amy said...

Dad V--you are right about Mimi's sweet potato casserole--it is to die for!!

Kelli, I wish our kiddos could meet so badly! If I ever get on the West coast or you on the East coast we need to make the effort to see each other for sure!

Teecy said...

I loved reading this update on sweet Samuel. He is changing and growing so quickly! I can't believe I haven't even hugged him yet! I can't wait...won't be long.

Amy said...

I know, Teec! He was just telling me the same thing the other day:). Seriously...he's going to LOVE you!

The Jones' said...

What a sweet potato moment! That boy loves to eat, bet he can't wait for something fried!! 6 months...wow time is flying! They are literally growing right before our eyes ;-(

Turnipseed said...

What a sweet and yummy boy. I love reading these b/c it takes me back to a year ago, when we went through all of this. Amy, he is a doll, and I must admit, I really want to squeeze him!

Dolly said...

Samuel is really growing up! Love the updated pictures. He's such a happy, laid back baby!

Donna said...

that is a cute picture with the sweet potatoes, Amy! Keep trying them. He may learn to like them. I read the other day that it takes on average 15 tries for a child to learn to like a certain food!