Monday, May 26, 2008

Cookouts and Park Fun!

We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and hope you did too! We had 3 cookouts. Saturday night our friends Rob, Elizabeth and their little guy, Ben, came over for some cheeseburgers with all the fixings. It was a lot of fun. Sunday we spent with my mom and step-dad and enjoyed the awesome weather and more yummy food. And, today, we had family time running errands and relaxing. We are going to throw something on the grill for one more cookout to round out the weekend.

I have to say my favorite part of the weekend was taking Samuel to the park to "play" for the first time. He's been to parks, but never as an active participant. We put him in the swing with us and he had a ball!! I have about 20 smiley pictures of his adventure.

Next it's slide time!! Here we are getting ready to take the plunge.
As you can see below, he isn't one bit afraid--looks like we have a little thrill seeker in the making on our hands (just like his mommy who loves roller coasters and anything that makes my stomach do a flip).
And, I must not forget to thank all of our veterans for their sacrifice and commitment to our country. A special thank you to my father-in-law who served our country proudly in the United States Navy!!


8 comments:

Jenifer said...

Such sweet pictures, Amy. Samuel is too cute on the swings!

popv said...

I just might think my little guy could be a Navy pilot the way he enjoys being airborne. TK you Amy and Brian for remembering my service, although, it wasn't during war it was a priviledge to have worn the uniform of my country. May God bless America

Dolly said...

Sweet post Amy! Good recap of your Memorial Day weekend too. Samuel is ADORABLE and I love his little smile. He's really coming alive the bigger he gets. You can tell in the pictures.

Donna said...

Woooo! Love the touch of the flag...very Memorial Day-ish:) Samuel is getting so big. I love his sparkely eyes. His hair is growing nicely, too!

the mathisons said...

Sounds like a fun weekend... food and family time top my charts! It won't be long before Samuel is doing all those things on his own. I loved the pictures, Amy, you guys make a sweet and beautiful family!

The Jones' said...

GREAT post!! He is such a little thrill-seeker like his mommy! What a fun family weekend!!

Angela Richardson said...

Amy, I just read your blog for the first time today! I haven't seen your little boy until now...HE'S PRECIOUS! You are such a sweet mommy too. I love the picture of you and him on Mother's Day where he's looking up at you. AWhhh.

Amy said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! Can't wait to read your weekend updates. Hi Angela--good to hear from you!