Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

The weekend started out rough when on Saturday morning I had to take Samuel to the doctor due to some sores bleeding on his neck. He just has very sensitive skin, so we got some strong ointment for all his red patches--poor thing. But, we did have a fun time Saturday night. My mom, step-dad and brother came over for a cookout. Samuel never touched the ground as he was passed around and loved by all. As you can see in this first picture--Mimi was in grammy heaven!! Happy Mother's Day to my sweet mom! Thank you for being a great example of a loving, nurturing mom. I hope to follow your footsteps! Happy Mother's Day to sweet Mum Mum too!
Here is my step-dad, Drex, playing around with Samuel. Okay, I had to snap a picture of this. My brother is very awkward with babies, but my mom put Samuel on Wesley so he HAD to hold him. I could tell Wes was very uncomfortable, but he loosened up once Samuel gave him a hilarious look as if to say, "What's up, Dude? We're cool!"
Brian did a great job making me feel loved on my first Mother's Day. He made me a yummy breakfast and gave me a cute outfit and my favorite flowers--hydrangeas. I received a few sweet cards too. On this first Mother's Day, I have to say that this sweet baby boy has stolen my heart forever and I am so overjoyed and thankful to be his mama.

11 comments:

amanda said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! MISS YOU GUYS!

Ashleigh said...

Happy Mother's Day Amy! Looks like a wonderful weekend. :O)

The Jones' said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Samuel looks like a big boy in the pic with Drexel!! My brother is the same way with holding Winnie, but they are good once they have them. So sweet that you captured that moment with Wesley.

Donna said...

I"m laughing at the picture of your brother holding Samuel! That's cute. Happy first mother's day!

Teecy said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY AMY!
I love the picture of you and Samuel! You're such a sweet, pretty mom!
It's great to see pictures of your family too! It looks like you had a great 1st mother's day.
Love you!!

Dolly said...

Happy First Mother's Day Amy! (even though this is a day late) Looks like you were taken care of on Mother's Day and I'm glad you were able to spend it with your mom, Drexel and Wes too. Speaking of Wes, he's looks so grown up....like a man! That's a cute picture of him with Samuel. And your mom...You two girls look like sisters. I'm sure it was an extra special Mother's Day for her being a mimi this year!

the mathisons said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! You and your mom do look alike... both very beautiful!

mimi said...

We had a wonderful time celebrating your first Mother's Day. You and Brian are such sweet caring parents and Samuel is a very blessed little boy. Always remember to teach him that God, family, and education are the most important things in life. We love you very much.

MiMi

popv said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
popv said...

Mimi those were wonderful thoughts and I couldn't agree with you more. Karen and I have both observed Amy and Brian as new parents and Samuel has much to be thankful for. Parenting requires sacrifices and both Amy and Brian realize the importance of their roles as parents for they display it all of the time. We have a plaque in our powder room which says, " there are two things you give your children, first, is roots and the other is wings." Amy and Brian are now laying the foundation of the values they possess and they will pass them unto to Samuel. Karen and I just sit back in Pennsylvania watching this family grow and counting the days until we become North Carolina transplants and enjoy their family much closer.

Maryanna said...

Oh, so glad that you had a wonderful first Mother's Day. You are such an amazing mom. I loved being able to watch you in action! And Samuel told me that he thought his Mom was the bomb! I agree.