Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Very Special Visit

Today, Samuel, Brian and I headed to W-S to visit my sweet grandparents. For those who do not know, my grandfather (Pop) is very sick. He has been in remission for 9 years, then his cancer returned last May and it has been a battle ever since. He is now dependent on dialysis and they have told him the future seems bleak. However, we serve a God of miracles and we are praying for one. Even if the Lord takes Pop, we are thankful for every day we have him here on earth. Thank you everyone who has kept Pop in your prayers--I told him what great friends I have and he was so appreciative. All that to say, we knew just the medicine to cheer Pop up--enter Mr. Personality. Our little guy's personality has come into full bloom in his 6 month of life. He is very active and social, yet he is also my favorite little cuddlebug. He will smile and 'talk' to anyone (even the green light on his monitor and his toys). So, we knew a little visit to W-S would spread some cheer and it did just that! As soon as we sat Samuel down beside Pop on his hospital bed, he LOVED interacting with his great grandfather. He would seriously burst out in giggles everytime Pop looked at him and smiled. We were all rolling at the cute sight. It was a joyful visit and we are so happy we were able to spend quality time with Pop and Grandma Ray.
Below is Samuel smiling at Pop--just one of the 20 pictures I took:).
Okay, this little face is his new thing...he wrinkles up his nose and makes this funny sound. So funny.
Samuel gives Grandma Ray some loving too. She loved her time with him.
Again, thank you for the prayers and I'll keep you posted on Pop's condition!

8 comments:

Dolly said...

What a sweet way to cheer up your Pop! I know he loved seeing Samuel. I'm glad ya'll had the chance to go visit with your grandparents today. We will keep him in our prayers!

Samuel is getting so big!! He's so adorable!

Donna said...

That's sweet, Amy! I know Samuel's visit was the HIGHLIGHT of their week! It's so cute how older people love babies:)

I love Samuel's face and his cute little outfit. I'll say a prayer right now for your Pop.

The Jones' said...

What a precious moment with his Great-Grandparents. I'm sure they are still smiling from their time with him today. So happy you were able to spend the day cheering them up and encouraging Pop! He will continue to be in our prayers. I still can't get over your Grandma Ray...

the mathisons said...

It is amazing what those babies do for their grandmas and grandpas. There was a time last month when I thought we were going to lose my grandma so Dale and I brought the kids over to her house. Reese hugged and kissed her almost all day long... no joke, the next day my grandma was on the upswing to better health! I will be praying for your grandpa.

I also love the picture of Samuel sticking out his tongue... 6 months worth of great personality in such a cute little face!

popv said...

MumMumV and PopPopV are very pleased that Samuel can see his great grandparents and they can enjoy this wonderful gift from GOD. It breaks my heart that Samuel's great grandmother (my mother) never had a chance to see Samuel in that GOD took my Mother home on Oct 12, 2007, a few days before Samuel was born. Oh, how she looked forward to that day that should see her 1st great grandson who would carry our last name. Mother referred to her great grandson(she knew Amy was having a son)as " Her Little Prince " oh, how proud my Mother would have been to just gaze upon that beautiful little face and think of all the possibilities Samuel has in front of him. Mother lived a good life of 95 years, but this was one event I so wanted her to enjoy, she would have been so proud.

Amy said...

Thank, guys, for the sweet comments and prayers! It really was the highlight of their weekend--I wish we lived closer so we could bring him by everyday! yes, Dad V...I wish Emma could have met Samuel too--and of course Memaw--I think of that everyday when Samuel cuddles in her blanket!

Denise said...

This is such a sweet post Amy! What a memory for them and you!

Maryanna said...

This reminds me that our God is so good! What a perfect visit!