Sunday, September 16, 2007

Baby Shower



Here are the two proud grandma's!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgiW6yeeqrQwHiJRuFvL4GHtSm4iiEHWpZf7pYFm9AX4zTz8XDVPe8oYpKfbgTggJICZO3a61nmJ9qGgRbEaG-9wYn6P7gQi6KeVLhyGFFdjuONCiilKwdos6EI0gqtOZ1tIa3PfZjSBFU/s1600-h/More+shower+girls.jpg">


Some of the guests...

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg2QpdNUVchIeKWq9G1yqh88QAzdcSHfEBGXRHXhrD1naO2YpWTlCtrJuNrlrmbvlxTt-1bEKE5_FUqnRs3WkabdAoeLsqY1cQns-MDouEBzZ5Li8La0I-BKnGX7-1pnABqL3dKlxLJwDU/s1600-h/Dolly+shower.jpg">


Dolly was so sweet to come down from VA to be at my shower.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiLKEkUd38FZU2n1464usJDqHIsPyfsJwRcj3dNzlf394KfhlosYUfoPZLbeXg7t1pYDAeWr8oL8_3aOdmYRwj1ETBHJ6WwDlca-Vk8Y8QHYrgJwViyg7Q3oWJuR_1Jr325p6A90uMstxI/s1600-h/Party+girls.jpg">

Heather, Amy, Merritt and Jessica--the shower planning girls (oh, and Amanda but she is on her way home from South Africa). They made everything so nice for my shower. I loved everything about it!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh0efr_9euvTT0nZSeC9BZnhjxAblTCZRuOhQnNRB97vXCsK-STxX1VEAZSWP95oFQ6EpOrjZK4X77hvB4s14yDxFqJhJVkjUSF-CsuecJpP7aT2pvV61lhUCfNIw2uQMPvF8_bq7Eg9aU/s1600-h/me+and+cake.jpg">


My friend Jenna made the awesome cake...obviously mom and peanut loved it!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiQdY1xmXinUxW8dLu4Id2PmYLVF-iEmQcseQE9ZNzaiIxgftW9jwkn9vC9psTPiORp31e_6Pqp76SeHCYjXYYThWo5XygRGWVcy5uXR2oUU9Wz8QcHda9oE5uBlWK5YWZ3JWF3dc3K1G0/s1600-h/Brian+food.jpg">


Somehow Brian always manages to make it to the tail end of the showers and usually is caught around the food table.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiYUwvbYD1O15clkWVHi_udC2ysbwJRTgpPnCDwyFqea_vcn-K-QBUs5U25XSOU2IHrrhDiAWs-vk_Fjv_AXkYNMgC1wf0TEl4UhZlACBZojIpjWYeurChpH1A0vh6iG1zXU0ApmgU8I2M/s1600-h/Cake.jpg">


Jenna's cake creation...pound cake with raspberries and cream cheese frosting!

This past weekend I had a baby shower hosted by some of my close friends here in Raleigh. I was blown away with all the details that made it so special. It was a 1:00pm luncheon and the food was incredible...I've never seen such a spread!! Luckily I went home with a lot of the extras so I'm still reaping the rewards of their cooking abilities. The decorations were so cute and classy too. They even had my favorite flowers, blue hydrangeas, displayed in teapots around Jessica's house. The favors were adorable little personalized tea boxes. I loved all the games, the guests, the food and the gifts! I felt so loved and overwhelmed with everyone's generosity and the time/effort the girls put into my shower. Thank you so much!!

9 comments:

Dolly said...

THe picture of Brian grazing the food table cracks me up. You're right...he always does drop in at the end of your showers and is caught at the food table.

Unknown said...

Whoa Amy! 2 posts in one day!!!! You and your mom look alike (is she the one w/ dark hair?). THanks for clarifying birdie. That is sweet as can be. Now I can't wait to hear the name! Maybe you should do a poll for people to guess it.

Donna said...

yeah, Amy! Do a poll with like 10 possible names and we'll guess what it is.

Looks like you had a fun shower and got some nice presents! Isn't it fun to go home and put everything away in the nursery?!

The Jones' said...

You are very welcome chickie...we love you and so happy you loved everything!

Teecy said...

i like don's idea about the name poll...do it, do it!
the cake looks amazing and i want some NOW!!!
I can't believe you are about to have a little one...or shall i say, another little one!

Amy said...

Haha...i loved these comments. Donna, yes, I LOVED going through everything! One thing that is overwhelming me is where to put everything though because I'm not a good organizer. Okay, I'll do a poll, but how do I do it? I'll look on blogger. Teecy, you'll be out first "little one"--don't get jealous of peanut!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne said...

Good post Amy! I love your house too. Very nice.

Amy said...

Thanks Suzanne! Glad you liked the nursery!