Saturday, September 1, 2007

Mom and Dad V are mending nicely

In my blog entitled, "Papa's Gotta Brand New Hip" I explained how my sweet father-in-law (Dad V) had hip replacement surgery a few weeks ago. Well, here is an update--he is doing GREAT! It was a very rough week post surgery for him (and for me when I had to give him shots!) but he says it is all worth it. After only 10 days with the new hip he flew back to PA on only one crutch! The surgeon is going to feature him on the video they send patients to watch before surgery. Dad V is a character so I'm sure he'll add some spice to it! He has his ole spark back and we are thrilled. He started driving again about 3 weeks after surgery and is 100% now--actually better than before!
Now, on to Mom V (my mother-in-law)who had her gallbladder removed yesterday. She was sent home after being in the hospital for greater part of the day because it was outpatient surgery. Although she's in pain today, she is mending nicely. Dad V is doing his best as her Florence Nightingale. We are just thankful all the surgeries are over and successful. Now they will be feeling spunky by the time they come down in Oct/Nov to meet their first grandchild!

5 comments:

Dolly said...

Good post Amy! I was excited to see something NEW on here today. We just got done with our yard sale and I made around $250.00 on JUNK! I'm so excited!!! I should have taken pictures. :(

Donna said...

Amy! Yes! A new post. I am SOOO glad to hear that Mom and Dad V are okay. That's funny about him being on a video:)

Dolly, what all did you sell? I was hopign you'd have a blog about the big sale.

Teecy said...

WooHoo..."And baby makes three" makes a surprising comeback after weeks on haitus!

The Jones' said...

YEAH!! Good news on the V's ;-)

the mathisons said...

I was looking at your baby count down... time is racing by! Glad to hear the inlaws are doing well... they must love having you as their daughter in law!