Monday, November 12, 2007

Samuel James


Our little guy is finally here!! I'm a little delirious right now so this post will be short, but we are just so happy to have Samuel in our lives. He is such a sweet baby and although we are utterly exhausted it is so worth it when it's because of him! Labor and delivery went well except my first epidural didn't take so six hours later I had another one that was HEAVEN! We had to laugh when we arrived home because we thought we were oh so prepared and realized we had no newborn diapers and the smallest clothes we had were 0-3 (not newborn). So, we did some quick shopping. We've had lots of help which has been great. Tons of meals coming in and my mom has been a lifesaver! This parenting/feeding thing is definitely not for the faint of heart, but I guess that is why God made babies so adorable--because they are so worth it!

10 comments:

the mathisons said...

Amy, I think little Samuel has to be one of the cutest newborns i've seen. I am glad you have the help and support you need... it will get easier, but rest when you have the opportunity and take care of yourself too! Congratulations!!!

Suzanne said...

The picture did not come up for me. but I am sure he is adorable. It does get better. I promise! Sarah was pretty tough as a newborn, but it is all worth it. At five months old, life just gets better and better! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Congrats on a healthy, baby boy!

Suzanne said...

Oh, the pic came up! He is beautiful and I love the name Samuel James, this was one of Mitchell's and I's first choice if we had a boy!!

Janis Reber said...

Amy and Brian... a big congratulations to you on the birth of your beautiful little boy. He really is a little sweetheart, and I know you're both soooo proud. God is good, isn't He?

Donna said...

So cute! Little Samuel looks like his daddy, I think:)

It does get better. I was just remembering the other night when I was up feeding at 1:00 AM that after the first month, breastfeeding gets easier and more quick!! I can't wait!!!

Congrats:)

Unknown said...

Sweet, sweet boy! He DOES look like his Daddy. Oh, Amy...I am so happy for you! He is beautiful. Congratulations! I have been itching for a post so thanks for taking time away from new motherhood to update us! Love, Hannah

Dolly said...

Can you believe you're now a mommy? I know you just can't get enough of him and I'm so happy for you and Brian. God's blessed you with your own little family now. It's your turn to finally do your own family traditions and raise him just how you've always wanted. I can't wait to meet him! I can tell he's going to be a heartbreaker one day! :)

Teecy said...

Yay! Peanut has name (and everyone's actually using it...i was afraid he would still be peanut!)
He is soooo cute and sweet looking. I love that he has blond hair...so funny! I can't wait to see him in person but i will look forward to these blogs in the meantime!

Amy said...

Thank you guys! I have to say I'm a little biased, but I think he is adorable!! I appreciate all the sweet comments and hope to post more soon.

Christy said...

CONGRATS AMY & BRIAN! I am so happy for you guys...Samuel is such a cutie! Enjoy your time with Auntie Dolly. :) Love you guys!