Saturday, November 24, 2007

Samuel's First Real Bath


Samuel did NOT like his first full bath experience!

"Help me, mom!"

Safe at last!

We gave Samuel his first real bath this afternoon and it was quite traumatic for the little fellow. After being dried off in his froggy towel he was so snugly in our arms---it was precious! Plus he smelled sooo clean and nice like the Johnson's bedtime lotion that we wanted to eat him up. He is now 2 weeks and 2 days old and weighs 8lbs and 8oz. He is a healthy baby boy and a great eater! Although we are still very exhausted from the lack of sleep, Samuel is a very good baby and allows us bits and pieces of rest now and then:). We've enjoyed lots of visitors and family in the past 2 weeks and I think we are getting chubby from all the yummy food we are receiving! Brian has been off work the past few days and it has been so nice to have family time just the three of us. He has picked up Dunkin Donuts for me the past few mornings which is a bad habit I got into while pregnant--I craved doughnuts and still do!

8 comments:

Donna said...

CUTE! He looks just like Brian in that picture in his froggy towel! I love babies after baths! Amy, you look great! Don't worry about the doughnuts. We got Krispy Kreme on the way home from Roy's parent's house last night!!! Yikes.

Dolly said...

YES! I love the new post and seeing new pictures of sweet Samuel. He's getting so alert and cuter every day. I love the froggy picture and I agree with Donna that he looks just like Brian in that picture. I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving together.

Teecy said...

Amy, I am freaking out at how cute he looks, especially in that 2nd picture...those huge eyes! wow! i love the picture of you snuggling him too. You are cute together!

Amy said...

Thanks guys! He was so sweet after that bath. He just wanted to snuggle and I loved it. Teecy, I got the gift -- thank you!

The Jones' said...

Awww how precious! What a little snuggle bug! He is such a cutie!

Ashleigh said...

He is so precious Amy!! Love the pic of y'all snuggling. Babies after baths are one of my favorite smells. Hope you y'all had a great first Thanksgiving with Samuel!

Dolly said...

Me want to see more pictures of Samuel!!!!! Whahaaaaaaaa!

Teecy said...

i second that motion, dolly!