Sunday, November 4, 2007

Officially Overdue



This is my last prego picture (taken at 40 weeks/2 days) because one way or another by this Wednesday our little guy will be here. I need to update my poll because I think he is going to pass all the dates (sorry Dad V, Mom, and Teecy--they all had birthdays that were on the poll). We have nested every weekend since my 35th week. I really don't think there is more I can do to get ready! Today I actually washed/dried/packed all the clothes I wanted to take to goodwill. I've vacuumed my house so many times in the last month I can't count and every weekend I do a frig purging to make room for the meals my sweet friends have volunteered to bring over. We put together the bouncy seat, diaper pail, pack-n-play, and gym and the batteries are in place. I even scattered some of these items in different rooms since I really don't know where I'll be using them. I've read so many baby books that I think I'm more confused than ever, but we'll figure it out. My bag & peanut's have been packed for a month and I've taken his little outfits from the bag and "played" with them a million times. I've started stocking up in ridiculous quantities on items such as paper towels, toilet paper and dish detergent like we will never be able to go to grocery store again. It's so funny how nervous energy can make you do crazy things! I know that no matter how much we nest/prepare that real life experience is going to be the best education we will receive.

So, in two days we will check into the hospital and by Wednesday night our little son will be in our arms! It is such a surreal feeling. I think I've said to my hubby 50 times this weekend, "can you believe on Wednesday or sooner we'll meet our son!!?!?!" And, then I go on to probe him to share his deepest feelings on the matter:). We are so overjoyed, scared out of our minds, giddy, nervous, excited and just sort of oblivious to what having a baby will really be like. Over the last 40 1/2 weeks I've felt like I've been preparing for the biggest exam of my life and it will be time to use every bit of advice and book knowledge on Wednesday. Except this exam is one that will last a lifetime. I'm sure we will make our fair share of mistakes along the way, but thankfully we will get many second chances as we stumble through this new thing called parenthood. And, it is all worth it to have our sweet little boy in our lives. Thank you all for keeping us in your prayers. We will be so excited to introduce you to our little boy in a few days!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy, bless your heart. You are a great and patient sport! You look great and are still all baby! I can tell that belly wants to POP and it gets to in 2 days! Only 2 more nights of umcomfy sleep! You're gonna be the greatest mommy!

Amy said...

Thanks, Hannah!
Yes, my belly has grown a lot in the last two weeks and I seriously don't think my skin will take much more!

Unknown said...

It's itchy, isn't it?!?!?

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna said...

Amy! Your post was great this morning! I know you are so ready to have this baby. You do look great, though. You sound like you're all ready and so just enjoy the next two days. Lay on the couch and watch TV all day long...make some cookies or brownies. Just enjoy it!

Amy said...

Thanks, Donna! Yes, we are trying to soak in these last few days. We had a craving for Starbucks hot chocolate at 9:45 last night so we hopped in the car to get some. We figure spontaneous trips will not be so spontaneous in a few days!

The Jones' said...

You look amazing girl!! Cannot wait to squeeze those cheeks (not yours...Peanuts!) Ha ha! I'm so excited for you two, no more waiting!!

Ashleigh said...

Your patience is amazing!! Sounds like everything is ready for little peanut to arrive. Glad you are soaking it all in these last few days and enjoying the spontaneity. Starbucks, YUM!Praying for you guys!

Christy said...

Amy, you are BEAUTIFUL! Congrats just a couple of days early--you and Brian are gonna be terrific parents! We'll be praying for you!

Dolly said...

Ah Amy, great post! I loved reading all your feelings and thoughts. I know you are anxious and it's so cool to know he'll be here on Wed! Nov 7th will be the day! You do look great. Your belly is about to pop and that's the only thing big on you. Thanks for keeping us posted. You and Brian are going to be the greatest parents.

Unknown said...

Last "only Amy" day at home! Are you going to keep working? I am actually going to be in Cary on Friday to see my friend Kristin's 2 week old! She had her at West W on Kild. Fm. Is that where you are going?

Amy said...

I'm having him at Rex actually, but W Wake isn't too far from me. That would have been so cool to have you visit us on Friday!

the mathisons said...

Looks like tomorrow is THE day! What time do you go in to be induced? I'll be praying for you... for the little guy and your husband too. Sleep tight!

Amy said...

I go in any minute! They want me in tonight for prepping....we are waiting for the call that a room is ready. Thank you for praying!

Teecy said...

oh my gosh...this is so cool! (i learned my lesson saying 'omg' last time!)
i'm on my lunch break and i guess you're in the hospital by now.
we are all so excited...i can just feel the excitement oozing from these comments. keep us posted...we're your number one fans! and pray-ers!